Become part of a collective voice, Discover Manufacturing is a collaborative partnership consisting of private industry representatives, secondary educators, post-secondary educators, and economic development officers that have come together for the common goal of working together to solve the skills gap and promote opportunities in manufacturing.
As a participant of Discover Manufacturing your company has the opportunity to:
- Spread the word about manufacturing careers to middle, high school, and college students, parents, and educators on a region-wide basis.
- Build a pipeline of future employees for your business. Create or enhance relationships with your local high schools, technical colleges and universities through the developm
- ent of an educational pathway.
- Share ideas and create new programs to further manufacturing as a career choice.
- Help sponsor events to promote careers in advanced manufacturing in our region.
- Leverage training dollars for your workers through partnering with Michigan Works! Region 4 Business Services Representatives.
- Create a pool of qualified talent by working with educational partners to choose curriculum that is relevant to advanced manufacturing today.
- Share best practices and learn from peers in advanced manufacturing throughout Region 4.
- Bring awareness to the role advanced manufacturing plays in the national and global economy.