Discover Manufacturing is a partnership between Michigan Works!, community colleges, higher education institutions, economic developers, and of course, manufacturers. Discover Manufacturing is uniquely positioned to positively impact the talent needs of manufacturers. By organizing and aggregating the voice of manufacturers from throughout the West Michigan labor shed, the workforce development and educational partners can respond in both the short-term - with talent available, as well as long-term - by adding or adjusting training programs and curriculum to meet manufacturers' needs. Discover Manufacturing specifically focuses on the talent needs of manufacturers in West Michigan's Prosperity Region 4.
Our work is guided by our common agenda and shared vision. Our leadership team sets the vision and strategies. We have three strategies that guide our work to bring our vision to reality:
- Promoting Manufacturing
- Talent Development and Retention (Education and Training)
- Outreach (Regional Communication and Engagement)
We have three subcommittees that plan and manage the work for each of the strategies. We have project teams that manage projects under the subcommittees to address specific targets. To participate with one or more of the subcommittees, please contact us for more information!
Discover Manufacturing would like to thank the following corganizations for their commitment and vision:
- West Michigan Works!
- Right Place Inc.
- Express Employment Professionals
- Ferris State University
- Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- Grand Rapids Community College
- Grand Valley State University
- Hello West Michigan
- Junior Achievement
- Kent Intermediate School District
- Lake Shore Advantage
- Lakeshore Community College
- Michigan Manufacturers Association
- Michigan West Coast Chamber of Commerce
- Muskegon Community College
- Ottawa Intermediate School District
- Talent 2025
- Western Michigan University